06 September 2012

Summer 2012

Ladies and gentlemen . . .
SUMMER 2012
 Celebrating with Garrbear, Mama, Becky, Anna, Johnny, Greggers, DAK, and the coffee shop parents (Ben and Kappy) . . . because I


Then I took these guys to their first California beach.  

Boo, June Gloom!  Where's the  sunshine?
Just MILLIN' around the maritime museum



The best photo of the entire summer.
Thanks for capturing this weirdo, Greggers!

This girl graduated, too! CONGRATS, Coral!
More beachiness =)

Just because I say, "Stick out your slushie tongues" does not mean you all need to say "uuuuugggghhhhhh"

Garretty flew home and Greggory helped me drive from SoCal to Seattle . . . straight through.  18ish hours.  This is him watching a movie on my mac . . . hiding under a towel to avoid the glare.

I stayed with this awesome couple
And I do mean AWESOME
And hung out a lot with these guys . . . who I'm pretty sure had mouths full of food or they'd be smiling.  Maybe.

Finally finished my contribution to Noah's nursery!  A poorly constructed frame with burlap and hand painted poster board cut outs.  Classy!


4th of July I made these yummy margarita pops . . . that sat outside and melted while we lounged by the lake.  Wah wah.



Oh yeah, my glasses got run over.  Apparently, I did it.


This is what it was like while I was gone:

Obviously, I did not complain.



Coral and I drove to summer camp.  Please note our poorly constructed paper sun visor since mine melted off in the above mentioned heat of the Desert.

JP being a scientist for the kiddos at camp. Daw!


On my way home I stopped to see my college buddy, Jen, and her fiance, Tom.  She is cute and he is a little weird, as shown by the only photo I took of them.
Love this girl, always.


Stayed in Portland for a night with some friends whose wedding I helped coordinate last fall.  They are also amazingly talented photographers.  I LOVE PORTLAND.  Literally had the BEST burger and beer of my life there.  These were the colorful townhouses across from the yummy coffee shop on my way out of town=happiness.

Finally, I stopped in Sacramento to see one of my besties and her new hubby.  I don't have any pictures recently, so here's one from her wedding last year.
 I love this lady for many reasons . . .  one of which is the TMNT pillowcase she had hiding under the "normal" guest pillow case.  Miss you, lady!


Random helicopter next to me on the I-5 south.

AND OF COURSE

Everywhere I looked . . . 
Reminded me of her . . .

There was a family reunion when I got back to CA . . . where I was a nanny for my sister AND my brother.  I think my siblings were visiting, too, but I only saw the kids!  Just kidding.  Sort of.  Anyways, I've been nannying for my sister for the last 7 weeks.  Cute pics and kiddo quotes coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Cute Friend! I like the recap and cute blog design. Are you still nannying? oh and I have the same phone number AND e-mail incase you need to um, you know- COMMUNICATE every now and again with me??? ha. just kidding. I love you. And miss you. I want to visit AZ in Decemeber (kevin says I can) so maybe if I do, we can meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review!! Miss you big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberta, your life always looks like so much fun!! Wish you were closer to us all over here that's for sure... maybe one day. Until then you should blog more because they are fu n to read.....peace out sister...-K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! I LOVE the pics of Gregg frolicking in the sand! What a goob! I agree with Kyle, your life always looks so fun. Miss you tons and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the BEST times, miss! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete